Sunday, March 6, 2016

Access Bars....What????

Access Bars....what????

Going through my Facebook feed is interesting.  With 1400 friends, I tend to see a wide spectrum of interests and beliefs.  Some can be entertaining and others can be downright scary, and then you get some that are just plain insane made up nonsense.



So one friend posted about a “healer” visiting her midwife sister and helping her to access bars.  At first I thought “Oh that's nice.  Someone is taking someone else out for a night on the town and club-hopping.”   I was wrong in my initial assumption.   Very very wrong.   Maybe they went for some homeopathic beer.    Homeopathic Beer (wait for the end!!!)

An accompanying pictured showed a lady laying on a couch and another situated at the first woman's head.  “Ohhhhhhh,”  I said, “this is some reiki kinda nonsense.”   OK, so what does “access bars” mean?

The quick and shortest answer is that these are areas of the head that can be stroked (directly touching or mimic-like by hovering above said area) to reset your brain like a computer or as one website puts it:  “Releasing stuck energy is like deleting old files off your computer.”   Sounds like hokey magic doesn't it?  Well they even admit that it works “Like magic.”

I'm not going to get into it more than that because it is really just too dumb.  Suffice to say, this is complete baloney.  While reiki may reduce stress in some people by being calming, there is absolutely no proof of existence for these bars or magic energy.  It's very much akin to acupuncture which utilizes similar kind of made up “energy points.”   I think I might just have to go take a shower after getting my aura stroked and had a premature energy releasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment